Swedish massage is the most commonly offered and best-known type of massage. If it’s you’re first time at the spa or with a chicago professional massage therapist, Swedish massage is the perfect place to start.
What You Need to Know About Swedish Massage
* During Swedish massage, massage therapists use massage oils to facilitate smooth, gliding strokes called effleurage. Other classic Swedish massage moves include kneading, friction, stretching and (sometimes) tapping.
* Swedish massage uses firm but gentle pressure to promote relaxation, ease muscle tension and create other health benefits.
* Generally during Swedish massage you’re nude underneath a towel or sheet. The therapist uncovers only the part of the body he/she is working on, a technique called “draping”.
* You can keep your underwear on during Swedish massage, and many newcomers do.
* Feel free to state your preference for pressure during Swedish massage. It can range from light to firm. Swedish massage usually includes some deeper work on areas of specific muscle tension. If you want more intensive work and firmer pressure, get a deep tissue massage.
Contact Misa today for a wonderful Chicago Swedish therapy or other massage therapy session!
Keywords: Best Chicago Massage Therapist, Best Chicago Suburb Massage Therapist, Bartlett, Barrington, Schaumburg, Elgin, Geneva, Naperville il Massage Therapist, Top Massage Therapist Chicago and Chicago Suburbs